If you’re hunting for an apartment, you’ll notice different types of apartment buildings in Westfield. Almost all fall into one of these groups: high-rise, low-rise, and mid-rise. But which type of property is best? Learning the benefits and drawbacks of each choice will help you determine what type of apartment you want to live in.
The Benefits And Drawbacks Of High-rise Apartment Buildings
High-rise apartment buildings generally feature ten stories or more. You’ll spot them in downtown areas where their height lets them accommodate a fair number of occupants within a reasonable horizontal area. Those who enjoy living in high-rise apartments choose them due to the following:
- High-rise buildings provide exceptional views of Westfield.
- Convenient locations in the middle of the city close to shopping, dining, and attractions. Numerous high-rises even feature shops or dining on the ground level.
- They will lower your commute time if you have a job or attend school downtown.
- High-rise buildings use elevators, so you won’t be required to lumber up stairs.
- At a high-rise, all of your fellow Residents live in the same structure. This can promote a stronger sense of community as you converse in the halls or when taking the elevator. You may even enjoy the service of an attendant or concierge.
Even with its many advantages, living in a high-rise isn’t for everyone. Coming home to a downtown high-rise is fun and lively for some people, but there’s a good chance you won’t like it if you need peace and quiet. Departing for the day can also take a little longer when living in a multiple-story structure, and an urban center may lack nearby parking spots. Finally, high-rise apartments are often quite small to fit more residences into limited space.
The Pros And Cons Of Low-rise Apartment Buildings
When considering different types of apartment buildings in Westfield, low-rise or commonly referred to as garden-style options are in sharp contrast tohigh-rises. They usually feature a maximum of four stories and are situated in the suburbs. You normally see many low-rise structures within one property with plenty of of space surrounding them.
You’re probably wondering: Why should I think about a low-rise apartment over other types of apartment buildings in Westfield?
- Low-rise apartments contain more residences on the ground floor, giving occupants easier access out of the building.
- Low-rise apartments often have more [parking places for tenants and visitors.
- They have more outside room to roam if you have a pet or a preference for grass and trees beyond your window rather than a hectic downtown intersection.
- You’ll live in the quieter suburbs.
- You share common areas and hallways with not as many folks and benefit from additional seclusion.
However, not everyone seeks these perks. If you prefer the buzz and entertainment of downtown lifestyles, a more serene low-rise building won’t fit your needs. Based on where you go to school or work, you may have an excessive commute from your low-rise unit as well.
The Benefits And Drawbacks Of Mid-rise Apartment Buildings
Mid-rise apartment buildings consist of between five and nine stories. You’ll see mid-rise apartments in both urban and outlying areas, so they combine the advantages of other types of apartment buildings in Westfield:
- When finding a mid-rise apartment in outlying areas, you’ll enjoy a serene setting and outdoor space blended with the camaraderie of habitating in a larger building.
- In a mid-rise apartment in the center of Westfield, you won’t encounter as many occupants as a high-rise but you may still enjoy the downtown scene.
Having Trouble Deciding Which Apartment Building You Want? Come See Lovely Ashley Place Apartments
At Ashley Place, we integrate a beautiful property with a popular neighborhood to provide an amazing place to come home to. Dial 317-689-0173 or schedule a tour to view our roomy apartments and sought-after amenities for yourself.