How To Accept Green Apartment Living In Westfield
Playing your role for the environment need not be a large effort. Even when you live in an apartment, there are many things you can do to help secure our planet for future generations. Basic chores like choosing sustainable items and saving water can make an impact over time. If you're ready to try sustainable apartment living in Westfield, here are some easy suggestions to get you started.
Replace Your Single-Use Products With Durable Items
Say no to one-time disposable containers and paper products for cleaning. Try long-lasting items in your routine. Here are a few easy changes to try.
- Water bottles: When utilizing amenities like an exercise room wouldn't it be preferable to bring along a durable reusable container instead of a weak disposable bottle? Prevent sending out plastic to dumps by using a water bottle you can top off.
- Kitchen dish towels and microfiber cleaners: End your dependence on paper towels and instead, use washable kitchen towels or microfiber cloths to clean up counters, cooktops, and other stained surfaces.
- Refillable soap dispensers: Why discard your pre-filled soap dispenser in the garbage when it's empty? Instead, use a enduring refillable soap dispenser. You'll get them in a spectrum of styles to coordinate with your design aesthetic.
- Silicone bags and straws: Washable and reusable, you can find a spectrum of silicone-based products including produce storage containers, drinking straws, and even bags you can take to class or your workplace.
Go one step further and uncover products such as soap dispensers and water bottles that are made from recycled materials. This not only helps reduce waste but also encourages a more sustainable future.
Look To Protecting Energy And Water For A Green Apartment In Westfield
Have you ever neglected to turn off the water as you’re cleaning your teeth or doing the dishes? You are not alone in this. Being aware of water usage is an excellent strategy for a eco-friendly residence in Westfield. Following that same idea, take the time to turn off lights when leaving and shut off your computer.
Here are a few extra suggestions for conserving energy:
- Examine your light bulbs and consider buying light-emitting diode options.
- Reduce hot water usage by reducing hot showers and doing your laundry in cool water instead.
- Avoid running your HVAC system at full blast. Take advantage of natural airflow when possible in the summer season and keep comfortable blankets, sweaters, and other warm clothing handy in the winter.
Maximize your recycling efforts in Westfield
Even if you start the practice of carrying a reusable water bottle, you may still come across an occasional plastic one in your Westfield residence. Recycle the plastic bottle. Make an effort to recycle as much as possible, including empty toilet paper rolls, wine corks, and those cardboard boxes that arrive at your doorstep. Discover if your community has recycling bins. If not, you can locate them in the nearby area, on your local school’s campus, or even through your place of employment.
Go green at your new Westfield apartment.
If you're in search of a ideal place to implement your green apartment living ideas, consider the excellent options at Ashley Place Apartments. Our Westfield apartments will enhance your lifestyle as you do your part for the environment. You'll enjoy the roomy units, superb features, and attentive staff. Schedule a walk-through or simply dial 317-689-0173 to speak with a member of our team.