How To Create A Home Office In A Small Apartment In Westfield
Remote work is the new way of life for countless professionals, no matter if you live in a house or a studio apartment. If you inhabitate the latter, you won’t experience the advantage of an additional bedroom to claim as your home office, but you can still incorporate a versatile work area. Follow these simple recommendations and discover how to make a home office in a small apartment in Westfield.
Small Apartment Home Office Ideas In Westfield
- Choose a suitable desk. Finding a properly sized desk to match your room is vital. If you use a laptop, a desk only needs to extend from the wall approximately 20 inches. The surface ought to be about 28 inches from the floor and may be any width suitable for your space. Be sure you have room for a second monitor. You'll be thankful you have it when you have spreadsheets up, a conference call going, and ten other windows open. Really limited on space? Consider a two-tier collapsible desk you can stow away when it’s not in use.
- Where could your desk go? If you can put your desk neatly into a corner, wonderful! But you may need to get more creative on placement. A slim desk can be situated directly behind a sofa. You can incorporate a small area rug and desk lamp to designate the spot as your home office. An empty wall on one side of a room will also work nicely. Place some artwork or incorporate a plant or two so you aren’t looking at an unadorned wall throughout the day.
- Let your desk do double duty. If you’re limited on space, use your desk for more than a desk. Move it next to your bed and use it as a nightstand. Or don’t use a desk at all and work at your kitchen bar or dining room table.
- Install floating shelves. These home office add-ons work nicely when your desk sits against a wall. You’ll have additional area for whatever you need and can easily blend shelving into your room’s specific aesthetic.
Would You Like Something Different? Consider The Clubhouse Or A Standing Desk
Interested in another possibility in your own living quarters? Implement a compact standing desk so you can move around and stretch out. An inexpensive adjustable laptop stand may help get your device at the appropriate height.
Here are a few extra space-conserving items you can incorporate into your small apartment home office in Westfield:
- Folders that attach to the wall
- Small printer stand that will fit beneath your desk
- Small storage compartments that can fasten to the bottom of your monitor
- Noise-limiting headphones for loud roommates and children
Fashion Your Home Office In Your New Apartment At Ashley Place Apartments
Your home office will look wonderful in your new apartment at Ashley Place Apartments. We have various available floor plans to fit your living and working needs. Schedule a tour of our Westfield community or contact us at 317-689-0173 if you would like more information.